Monday, February 2, 2009

I never would have though I'd be ready to come home after 8 days of vacation and a second honeymoon to Roatan, Honduras. Living on the edge, I chose to put down my modern devices, and just absorbed the tides of island time. Highlights included long walks on the beach everyday, plenty of crazy creatures, harvesting and celebrating tropical fruit, incredible water, delicious seafood, diving, snorkeling and renting our own ride to adventure where few go. Because I spent much time holding my sweetheart's hand, I didn't take too many photos. However, I did snap some moments I couldn't miss. Here are a few of my favorites!

The path to the sea from our little hut

My sweetheart along one of those long walks

I'm a big fan of creatures, and loved feeding this sea of iguanas

This one is called an anole, and I've always wanted this shot.

These flying rainbows are not meant for cages, but unfortunately are sighted only rarely in the wild here.  

This was island life away from the tourism

A little kid fished these from the rocky shore of our resort. 

dare me to jump?

we also got a little goofy at times.    I wish I could have photographed our karaoke night!


1 comment:

  1. Dude! Love the photos! looks like fun. thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete