Thursday, November 6, 2008

Focus

Here are a few favorite shots from the recent wedding of Janice and John, of which grabbed the essence of union,  and I'd like to share these examples of what I love to see as a photographer.  
 Let me break them down.   
This first one was taken from a distance as she was preparing for her day.  Calm, collected, and undistracted by the wave of emotion about to come forth, this shot captures her quietly internalizing that the day has come, and she is focusing on saying  "I do"  
This shot, while kinda complex and hard to explain, gains my number one favorite for the day.    When I first look at it, I want to look at the interaction between these two at the alter.  At first, my eye is not comfortable looking at the blurry, and seeks the focused part of the photo.   There.   There's the focus, in the foreground.  With my eyes wanting more,   I'm drawn back to the couple, who share a stare as they relax momentarily out of "the spotlight" (because guests should be paying attention to the words of Dad).   Dang!  I love this shot!

And finally, because I can't leave them with you out of focus...

No comments:

Post a Comment