Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wide Angled Wonderful

If I was a painter, I'd definitely have my favorite brush.
If I was a chef, I'd definitely have a favorite knife.
I'm a photographer, and.the lens that captured this below is not my favorite, but it is still nothing short of awesome.
Soon enough, you'll know which piece of glass I own is my favorite.
However, can I share with you why I dig it? Read on.

Like a fish eye lens without the fisheye, this 14mm lens makes me get my feet out of the frame often. A bit rare in the wedding photography world, I like it because it gets me out of the box, and thinking REAL BIG often. I use it when I'm in the mood to share everything in the whole scene, if I am in a tight space, or if I'm wanting to get a bit artistic in the shot. Compared to a 35mm standard that many of us see when we had one lens for the rest of my life, this one just might be it because of the "I can see more" factor.

.......enough of the gear head talk. Let's see some cool shots!
Beneath, I'm photographing a really handsome model who's finishing his honey harvesting process, filling up hundreds of jars. I'm just inches away from him. He says he's related to Brad Pitt. Hmmm? Enjoy, and bee well.





1 comment: