Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An E-session with Luke

In my prior career, I learned that for teachers, clear Objectives were the best way to share a lesson. As a full time photographer nowadays, I'm finding that they are also the best way to lead an engagement session (and a wedding for that matter).   As of recent and when I begin mine, I'm intent on sharing my three objectives. The first....to document a precious moment in times. The second, to familiarize we three in preparation for the upcoming wedding. The third, to make some amazing images. They're fairly simple and straight-forward, but if you think about them...they help.  

I asked Michelle and Tom to describe themselves, and to come to the shoot ready to be the adjectives they shared with me. Playful and Entranced with each other, this session was a gem. With a bit of champagne, an incredible park, a perfect fall day, and a moment frozen in time, this is an example of just how good life can be.  

Believe it or not,  this romantic chose to propose by building a coffee table with a SECRET drawer, and having her accidentally discover the ring inside on a quiet night.  Their story is nothing short of epic, and it is just beginning.  I'm honored to capture it. 

Enjoy these photos.   In some, you'll see I'm experimenting with off camera flash.    As I progress down a path of painting with light, you're sure to see more of this kind of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment