Thursday, February 26, 2009

and I thought yesterday was great....

I've had two spectacular things happen today. 
1. I was accepted into the Wedding Photojournalist Association ( http://www.wpja.com ), a somewhat selective organization who work hard to keep the definition of photojournalism true.   I understand not 5 percent of wedding photographers are accepted.     Wahoo!     Do click the link below to learn more.   

2. Just as I was wrapping up my membership details, the second blessing showed itself in a phone call from one of the industry leaders in wedding photography. Yes, Neil Cowley called me! While our conversation was just a quick one, it was a wonderfully warm gesture on his part, and it made a connection that felt great. While it may be hard to believe, I feel like a kid who's just been pulled out of the stands, and asked to play with the dream team. 
The best part....the day is not even over yet!

UPDATE: (2 hours later)
3. I just had a client call and book me for her wedding.   It was a REALLY good day.  


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow congratulations Luke, what a great day!

    ReplyDelete